FAMILY SUCCESS CENTER
The Family Success Center is one of several a state funded network designed as “one-stop” shops that provide wrap-around resources and supports for families before they find themselves in crisis. Family Success Centers offer primary and secondary child abuse prevention services to families and bring together concerned community residents, leaders, and community agencies to address the problems that threaten the safety and stability of families and the community. There is no cost to access services provided by Family Success Centers. Core services include:
- Access to information on child, maternal and family health services, including linkage to publicly-funded health insurance programs and referrals to local health care services;
- Economic self-sufficiency/employment related services/income security services;
- Information & Referral Services (connection to off-site public and private resources);
- Life Skills training (budgeting, nutrition, etc.);
- Housing related services;
- Parent education;
- Parent-child activities;
Central and West Ward Family Success Center
NESF is home to the Central and West Ward Family Success Center (FSC). Our FSC is a one-stop comprehensive resource center that promotes family unity and empowerment. The Center hosts monthly parent training workshops, grandparent support group, access to computers and linkages to supportive services.
Program Initiatives include:
Grandparents Support Group
Our Grandparents support group provides supportive services to grandparents who are now rearing their grandchildren.
Sunshine Book Club
A family book club designed to improve family literacy. The parents and children attend the monthly meetings held at Boylan Street Recreational Center in Newark to discuss the book read from the previous month. The goal of the initiative is to increase family time through literacy where both the child and parent read together daily.
Book Club meetings are held the 3rd Saturday of each month from 10:00 am – 12 noon.